We are your union!
The Western Oregon University Federation of Teachers, or WOUFT, is Local 2278 of the American Federation of Teachers (AFT). WOUFT represents all Western Oregon University faculty members employed at or above 0.5 FTE with respect to salary, employment terms, and working conditions. Since 1974, WOUFT has worked to promote the collective welfare of the faculty community. WOUFT works with its affiliated organizations to eliminate discrimination in institutions of higher education, to enact just laws which will improve the climate for students and faculty, and to advance the public image of higher education.
This website is designed to be useful to our members. Here you will find
- contact information for the Executive Council, the bargaining team, stewards, and grievance officers,
- our Constitution and Bylaws,
- information about member dues and benefits,
- training opportunities,
- reports on bargaining when applicable,
- affiliate (AFT and AFT-Oregon) information,
- a section on your Weingarten rights,
- and more.