Guests will enjoy the three-day 2015 Rainforest World Music Festival in Kuching, Sarawak by staying at a fine hotel in Kuching. The Sarawak Cultural Village hosts the event, and guests can enjoy diverse performances that reflect the musical heritage of many regions of the world. The performers are renowned experts on their instruments, and they are sure to dazzle audiences with innovative sounds. However, remember to create an itinerary for other activities, for there are many things to do on the island.
This festival will enthrall travellers with a world-class sonic experience. In addition, visitors can take advantage of the opportunities to jam with other instrumentalists, take music workshop and lectures, and savour regional cuisine from local vendors. The events take place in the amazing Borneo Jungle on the magical Bomeo island, and visitors can purchase CDs from their favourite artists to remember this remarkable event for years in the future.
Here are just a few of the popular attractions awaiting visitors to Sarawak:
1. The Kelab Golf course is a unique area for golf lovers who enjoy a classy 18-hole course. Enjoy luscious green woods, hazardous waterways, mountain views and the amazing low clouds of this region.
4. Damai Beach is a popular area to enjoy the scenic beauty of the island. The expansive mountain ranges and beautiful sunsets create an idyllic environment for relaxation and leisure.
5. The Sarawak Museum exhibit displays local artifacts, which reflect the traditions of the islanders. Built in 1891, it is the oldest museum on the island. Arts and crafts from the local indigenous tribes can be viewed at the site.
6. Bicycle riders can enjoy the Bike Discovery tour in the nearby city of Kuching. The riders leave the starting area at 8 a.m., and the entire course is around 13 kilometres, which takes less than four hours to complete. The bike tour operates under all weather conditions.
7. Active visitors can participate in the Regatta Tourist Boat race. Guests from the different hotels will enjoy the friendly competition and refreshments afterwards.
8. Explore the amazing caverns of Kuching during your stay in Sarawak. There are a series of caves inside of one of the nearby jungles, and guided expeditions are available for an unforgettable adventure.
9. Walk along the Misan River or the Rajang Esplanade to enjoy the island’s beautiful scenery.
10. Visit one of the many temples in the area to appreciate the local cultures. Many guests choose to visit the nearby Tua Pek Kong Temple or the Lamin Dana for an authentic island experience.
Don’t Forget to Try the Food
Visitors to Sarawak will also be able to explore a variety of delicious local cuisine available at any hotel in Kuching. Most guests will choose to try some of the most popular local dishes on the island. This may include various kinds of seafood cooked in coconut with spices. Lobster, prawns, crabs and fish are usually service with rice. Midin is a fern found in the local jungles, and it makes a crunchy treat even when it is cooked. This dish is widely revered as a nutritious treat that captures the essence of jungle food. Tuak is the name of the local rice wine, which provides a satisfying sensation without the hangover. Kek Lapis are layer cakes that can top off any dinner.