A strong Union negotiates better benefits for all our members!
- Increased Wages and Salary Steps
- Higher take-home pay
- More steps for experienced members
- Health Insurance
- Insurance coverage for our families at affordable rates
- The Right to Representation
- If a discussion could aﬀect our job, we have the right to Union representation
- Due process and just cause for all
- Voting Rights
- Accept or reject proposed contracts
- Vote on Executive Council officers
- Vote on AFT-Oregon and AFT National Convention delegates
- Collective Voice
- Resolve issues with our peers
- Represent us on important WOU committees such as budget committee, Joint Labor Management Committee, etc.
- Nationwide Member Discounts
An effective Union needs skilled staff and ﬁnancial resources. Our volunteer efforts and dues make our Union stronger. Together we have more bargaining power!
AFT PLUS Member Benefits
AFT PLUS is the name of the member benefit programs available to AFT members and their families. Many of the programs are provided through Union Privilege, the benefit arm of the AFL-CIO; others are unique to AFT and are coordinated directly through AFT PLUS. Explore the site and learn more about the savings and services available to you as a union member. Click here to learn more about AFT PLUS Member Benefits.
Exclusive Member Benefits
AFT + is your Exclusive Member Benefits Program. Members are automatically eligible to use the benefits within AFT +. If you are a fair share payer, join your Local today and take advantage of the many savings and services available to AFT members. You will need to activate your AFT Membership card to use most of this site.
If you need a replacement AFT Membership Card, first check your contact information with your Local, then email : firstname.lastname@example.org